Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker

Subject: Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker
From: Anatole Wilson <aw3a+ -at- ANDREW -dot- CMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1993 12:04:15 -0400

maria -at- msd -dot- measurex -dot- com (Maria Townsley) writes:
>Does anyone out there have experience creating online help documents with
>FrameMaker?

>I have a 1,000 page User's Guide (divided into 15 chapters) that needs to
>go online. Just to make the task a bit more complicated, the entire User's
>Guide is loaded with screen captures. Both screen captures and text change
>dramatically for each customer project. It is also translated into the
>customer's local language when it is completed.

>Any suggestions?

I'm currently researching the options for a FrameMaker online help
system. No screen captures involved, but I currently think that
FrameMaker might run too slowly to be an effective or convenient to run
an online help system. I've heard recently about about a "view only"
version of Framemaker that might be ideal for this purpose. Has anybody
seen this version of FrameMaker in action?

Anatole Wilson