NOTE 04/22/93 14:17:00

Subject: NOTE 04/22/93 14:17:00
From: CLoris <HARRIS -dot- CLORIS -at- IC1D -dot- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1993 14:17:14 EST

RE: What does a tech writer DO, anyway?

Well, a tech writer can wear many hats. So I will tell you about the hat I
wear. I am tech writer at Harris Corporation Electonic Systems Sector-Air
Traffic Control Systems Division. My division is the one that got the big
contract from the FAA to revamp the nation's airport communication systems. I
work in the test documentation section. My section coordinates with system test
engineers to produce the contact required test procedures for the Voice
Switching Communication System. We mainly produce the test documents which
contain the test procedures for a particular installation site. Right now I am
working on test procedures for an FAA acceptance test. It is very interesting,
we get some hands-on time with the equipment to verify our procedures-that's
fun! the job is a little slow at times, but all-in-all, very interesting.

If you'd like to hear about some other hats, drop me a line.

Chris Loris
Harris -dot- CLORIS -at- IC1D -dot- harris -dot- com