Re[2]: Welcome and how to leave

Subject: Re[2]: Welcome and how to leave
From: Carol Carmick <Carol_Carmick -at- BEAV -dot- INTERSOLV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1993 12:53:00 LCL

>Sorry, but this has nothing to do with technology, user-friendliness,
>or computers! It occurs for the same reason you can put up a sign
>saying something in huge red letters in a place where everyone can
>see it, and there will still be people who don't see it.

Sending mail to the list instead of to listserv is an easy
mistake for anyone to make, even an experienced user (ahem).

A better solution is for listserv to monitor list mail for
postings that look misdirected (the lone word "unsubscribe," for
example). It then politely asks whether the sender meant to do
that. I have run into this behavior on other lists -- maybe
they're using a different version of listserv.

The moral of this story: don't errors -- design the software to
prevent them!

Carol