Room for the heavies and the lightweight

Subject: Room for the heavies and the lightweight
From: Brenda Gordon <YKF13 -at- TTACS -dot- BITNET>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1993 21:57:00 CDT

Hi. I'm Brenda Gordon, and I've been lurking the list for a
couple of weeks. I admit that I have rather enjoyed the
conversation about tolerating and not tolerating subscriber
errors. It may be that finals are only one week away and
that I have 60 projects to grade and 2 papers to write, but
I enjoy listening to the different viewpoints expressed on the
list. Around 10 pm it's almost as good as a coldeer, and
what's better is that I can go back to grading papers
without feeling sleepy.

I think I would be more likely to unsubscribe to a list that
didn't tolerant AND encourge different viewpoints. I think
these lists provide a great forum for sharing ideas and
frustrations. I'm not particularly interested in whether any
of you can spell or write "correctly." If your comments
intrigue me, I will look up a word I don't know. I
subscribed to this list because I wanted to hear what others
in my profession were thinking, and I wanted to share my
thoughts with you.

If you disagree with me, then tell me, and if something I
say makes sense, then tell me that, too. Just don't tell me
to be quiet.

Brenda Gordon
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas