Re: Kate and the "class conflict" discussion

Subject: Re: Kate and the "class conflict" discussion
From: Fred M Jacobson <fred -at- BOOLE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 08:30:44 PDT

> Now I have a different type of question for all of you: Now that I've
> essentially "written up" the findings of my study in this listserv
> group, does that mean it's "published" (Although not refereed), and
> if I do ever get around to sending it to some speech communication
> journal, what if what I just said has become common knowledge by then
> cause I said it here and it got sent all over the place?? Would the
> editor of the journal be "right" in saying "this study isn't worth
> publishing cause everybody already knows the results?"

> Thanks,
> Mary Beth Raven
> Raven -at- usable -dot- dec -dot- com

If the results are all that matter, and the brief note in your posting can
take the place of an article, we can certainly save a lot of trees, not to
mention time and effort on the part of authors, editors, and referees. (Not
that that wouldn't be a good idea...)

-Fred Jacobson
Product Center Technical Writer
Boole & Babbage Network Systems