Re: Reply to: Re: A NEW TOPIC (you can read this)

Subject: Re: Reply to: Re: A NEW TOPIC (you can read this)
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1993 09:04:48 -0500

> > Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 14:08:42 -0400 (EDT) Thus spake Chet_Cady -at- OCLC -dot- ORG

> C>interviewing me told me, "Now I like Loius L'amor (sp?), but I don't
> C>want any writing like that in my manuals." Sheesh! What does he
> C>think =we= think tech writing is?

> I wonder if more people might read tech docs. if they were written
> as Harlequin Romances, or soft pore cornography, or some such.

Here's an interesting concept...

You see the cursor blink on the screen, quickly, regularly, and you
realize that its beat matches the beating of your heart. Your fingertips
caress the keys as you enter your WHERE clause, slowly and lovingly at
first. Then your thirst for the data subset gradually takes hold,
forcing you to specify the Boolean operators, one after the other, more
quickly now, roughly, faster, faster, until finally, visually scanning
the line for syntax errors, checking for matched delimiter pairs, you
boldly press enter. The terminal beeps.........

Nahhhh.

|Len Olszewski, Technical Writer |"That's a, I say, that's a JOKE, |
|saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com|Cary, NC, USA| son." - Foghorn Leghorn |
| Opinions this ludicrous are mine. Reasonable opinions will cost you.|