Re: Sexism in the workplace

Subject: Re: Sexism in the workplace
From: Peter Montgomery <MONTGOMERY -at- CAMINS -dot- CAMOSUN -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1993 15:21:06 -0700

> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1993 08:15:08 -0500 (EST) Thus spake CLoris
<HARRIS -dot- CLORIS -at- IC1D -dot- HARRIS -dot- COM>

C>I have to make clarification on my posting of the above subject.
C>
C>1) I said the ideas were from my limited observation of tech writing
C>groups where I work. Kate, Jackie, and Joan I am sorry if you mistook
C>my female group example as being yourselves. The VSCS project's
C>baseline documentation team is composed entirely of women. Sorry if
C>there were any misunderstandings.
C>
C>2) I may have misinterpreted the 'secretary syndrom' as being sexist
C>discrimination. I simnply wanted to see if any others had similar
C>observations that I have had concerning the gender composition of tech
C>writing groups.
C>
C>Disclaimer:
C>I am not sexist; I evaluate people on their abilities and merits. I
C>am however suggesting the existence of a pattern and am querrying a
C>group of my peers for some professional and objective feedback.

Why am I thinking that only in a country some of who's founders
came across in the Mayflower, who a person find it so necessary
(and I empathise with that necessity) to be so defensive.

Peter
* Peter Montgomery Montgomery -at- camosun -dot- bc -dot- ca *
* Exitus effigium effigies exituum *