Re: A question/comment, or "rehearsing" email

Subject: Re: A question/comment, or "rehearsing" email
From: Daniel Walker <walker -at- NEON -dot- CHEM -dot- UTK -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1993 20:48:44 EDT

In defense of typographical errors in EMail messages:
Not everyone has really good mail reading software. There some folks
on the net (including me) whose combination of terminal (or terminal
emulation software) and mail reader program is barely functional.

I don't know the name of my mail-processing program, but when I compare
my text editor program (vi under BSD Unix) to even the poorest of word
processing programs I've run on microcomputers, I get mildly ill.

Quality is an important goal, but sometimes we find ourselves forced
into the realm of mediocrity.
| Daniel Walker | Any sufficiently advanced technology is |
| walker -at- neon -dot- chem -dot- utk -dot- edu | indistinguishable from magic. |
| | Arthur C. Clarke |