primitive mail handling software

Subject: primitive mail handling software
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1993 14:23:50 EDT

I don't know if this will work on VMS, but it might help the
person who was complaining about BSD Unix and vi (this message
is brought to you by SunOS, Berkeley mail, and vi): some mail
handlers will allow the user to compose a message as a separate
file, using whatever editor is available on the system, then
read it in as the body of the mail message. In Berkeley mail
on SunOS, the command is "~r filename" and, like all the tilde
commands in this mailer, must be at the beginning of the line.
In the meantime, a bit of patience will serve us all well.
(I'm trying to be patient, but it's taking too long!)

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com