Re: Redlining

Subject: Re: Redlining
From: DJH <dhancock -at- ARINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1993 10:48:10 EST

I haven't done anything scientific to demonstrate accuracy in redlining
software, but I'll second John Oriel's mention (oriel -at- ntsc-rd -dot- navy -dot- mil)
that some packages are more accurate than others. Specifically, we
stopped using WordPerfect's redlining feature and started using DocuComp
II owing to WP's annoying habit of marking an entire sentence changed
when the "change" could was simple as adding a second space after the
closing punctuation. That's the worst "offense" I've noted.

Thanks.

David Hancock
dhancock -at- arinc -dot- com
(410) 266-4384