Re: Enough already!

Subject: Re: Enough already!
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1993 20:45:08 MDT

Matt Hicks writes,
(sorry, Matt, I know you asked for replies not to be posted to the list,
but I think this reply may be generally useful)

> I don't think that there have
> been more than three posts in this whole thread that didn't duplicate
> what had already been posted. Try reading the group before you post,
> especially in response to a query--chances are that you are neither the
> only person with the information, nor the first to see the post.

I've noticed up to three days' delay between when I send something to the
list and when I see it posted. I've also noticed similar time gaps in
comparing the date-time stamps in the "From" and "Date" lines in the mail
headers from other correspondents.

For example:
> From @vm.utcc.utoronto.ca:TECHWR-L -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET Fri May 28 04:28:59 1993
> Date: Wed, 26 May 1993 15:18:37 BST

This might be a cause of some of the asynchronous replies on the list, if
good-hearted individuals are posting helpful replies before receiving
others, previously posted, with the same contents.

If other members are noticing this too, and if you find it to be a problem,
I'd suggest contacting our beloved list administrator, Eric.

Cheers,
| "No one can tell what lies just around |
Ken d'Albenas | the corner; and the purpose of politics |
(-:: | is to conceal that fact." |
kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca | - Booster McCrane |