Re: Enough already!

Subject: Re: Enough already!
From: sanders_j -at- TBOSCH -dot- DNET -dot- GE -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1993 09:00:31 EDT

Hi!

I cannot express strongly enough how opposed I am to some administrator
collecting and condensing the messages for this list. Despite a certain
amount of drek, which is inherent in ANY human communication, this list
has been invaluable, informative and interesting. I wouldn't want someone
else deciding what I find invaluable, informative and interesting;
particularly when some of what I find i,i,i are the attitudes and opinions
of other people.

I'm also pretty surprised by the complete lack of patience of some of the
members here. Haven't you ever read Usenet news? We don't "waste" half the
bandwith some whole groups do. It's an unfortunate aspect of free and open
speech, particularly ungoverned mediums like this, that we sometimes hear
things we don't like or aren't interested in. Oh well. I think a little
free speech is worth the price of boredom.

I hope you people don't consider this just an electronic professional
journal, because as it's been pointed out before, it's not. This is a discussion
group, much like a topic-oriented therapy group, and it will often take
on the same round-table form. And if some of the contributing members waste
some time discussing the correct spelling of the plural of data, then so be
it; someone may actually need that information.

Just because it looks like print, doesn't mean it isn't speech.

-John Sanders-
-GE/Schenectady-