Re: Advice on systems

Subject: Re: Advice on systems
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 12:20:19 PDT

Charles Fisher said:
> Karen Kay said that her company had lots of problems with formats getting
> trashed during conversions. I don't know what version/platform of Frame she's
> using, but the MS Windows version of Frame has built-in filters for popular
> PC-based word processing files.

This is true--but it doesn't convert precisely. The particular problem I
have is with footnotes--the font is reduced for the superscript, but I can't
get it to go bigger again. I suspect that most of you are not using footnotes,
so this is probably not a problem for most of you. Also, there are what I
would call weird hard page insertions that I can't get rid of. (I did the
FrameMaker tutorial and have done a couple of small things in FM, but I am
by no means an expert.

--Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com