Re: lexical question - recursion, capitalizing names

Subject: Re: lexical question - recursion, capitalizing names
From: Michael McClatchey <mmm -at- AISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1993 09:36:49 -0500

Chuck Banks wrote:
>At NECAM, we use a non-proportional font for command names, sample
>commands, etc. In FrameMaker, we use Courier bold. In Xerox GlobalView,
>we use Terminal bold or Bold PS. The change in font provides some
>structural advantages (examples on the page or screen appear much as
>they do on actual displays), and no one has complained that such
>bolded characters distract or confuse them.

We use a similar convention, except that *commands the users enter* are in
Bold, while code and screen text displays are in Medium Courier. This works
well to distinguish between what they see and what they type. Any commands they
key in are on their own line, which avoids having to use quotes around the
strings.

Michael McClatchey
Senior Technical Writer
Applied Intelligent Systems, Inc.
110 Parkland Plaza,

313-995-2035 / FAX 313-995-2138 Ann Arbor, MI 48103

(NeXTMail welcome)
(opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer)