Re: Spanish translations

Subject: Re: Spanish translations
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1993 16:50:38 CDT

Odin,
Globalink (located somewhere in Virginia) makes translation packages which will
run on a 286 or better IBM PC compatible. I used the English to German
translation package and I was NOT impressed. I was translating technical
documentation, nothing literary, and it choked and died on most sentences. Even
the capability of setting idioms and equivalences didn't help much. The darn
thing just wasn't as good at written English (or German) as your average
three-year-old.

I used this package in the Fall of 1990, so things could have changed since
then, but who know.

BTW, it is also very expensive. The package I was using was about $1500, and
that was a basic system.

Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Disclaimer--I am not affiliated with Globalink in any way, although that may be
clear from the message. 8-)