Ventura Question Clarification

Subject: Ventura Question Clarification
From: Dennis Johnson <docwrite -at- ODUTSA -dot- ATT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1993 09:58:00 CDT

I want to clarify my Ventura question. Yesterday I said

: We publish a document in Ventura Publisher (3.0, not Windows) that is
: actually an assembly of many small ones. What we'd like to do is be able
: to print the document pieces with a DOS command line or script (that is,
: not have to open a section in VP, click on print, print ... open up
: another section ... repeat the process ad nauseam).

: This would probably be an "aftermarket" program. Also in addition to
: printing this way, we'd like to be able to have the output go to a
: PostScript file, rather than directly to the printer.

: Any VP users out there aware of any tools to do this?

To which Sandyb replied

: Won't Ventura print several documents in a "book" (or whatever term
: it uses for the series), and allow you to send the series to
: print consecutively? I have only used it a little and it has
: been a few years, but I thought you could list several documents
: to follow (print after) the one you were currently sending to
: print. I could be wrong though, since my experience with it is limited.

We are aware of the book option and use it on a another document, but for
various reasons its use in this instance would be impractical. We really
would like to avoid even invoking VP, having the command line do it (then
a script could automate it).

Dennis Johnson
docwrite -at- odutsa -dot- att -dot- com