Re: STC, from Board of Directors

Subject: Re: STC, from Board of Directors
From: sanders_j -at- TBOSCH -dot- DNET -dot- GE -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1993 11:25:56 EDT

Hi All,

I received this letter this morning, in response to my post about STC
costs (etc.). It's pretty self-explanatory, so here it goes:

>From: THOMAS::"ldkunz -at- vnet -dot- IBM -dot- COM" "Larry Kunz ((919) 254-6395)"
>To: tbosch::sanders_j
>CC:
>Subj: STC

>John, this is in response to your post today in TECHWR-L.
>I follow the list as a spectator, not as a participant;
>to be honest, I don't know how to post to it.

>You're welcome to post this to the list if you choose,
>and to use my name. I'm a member of the STC board of
>directors (Director-Sponsor for Region 2).

>STC is a nonprofit, and its officers serve without compen-
>sation. The only paid employees are the Executive Director
>and his staff, which currently number 9 people in all. The
>small size of the staff is, I think, noteworthy when you
>consider that the Society has over 15,000 members.

I also passed along the address for the list and recommended he get in
touch with Eric, our able administrator, to iron out any posting problems
he might have.

Another respondent to my post recommended last December's issue of InterCom
which has a description of the non-profit status of the STC, as well as the
1991-92 annual report. Readup and start flinging more comments!

Does anyone know offhand whether that issue addresses Conference costs?

-John Sanders-