Re: 40th Conference in Dallas *tips*

Subject: Re: 40th Conference in Dallas *tips*
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1993 08:19:47 -0500

My two cents about this year's conference:
This was my first year to attend, and I really enjoyed it
even though I was disappointed in about three sessions. It
wasn't so much the content (other attendees seemed to be
enjoying those sessions) it was the applicability to me.

I think it would be great for experienced attendees to put
together a list of really practical tips for making the best use of
attending Annual Conference. September Sherpa mentioned sneaking
out of disappointing sessions. A tip I heard from Peggy Cathcart
was to throw away your preliminary program and transfer all your
notes to the final program. Use the final and the Proceedings to
determine which sessions to attend. I'll add a tip of my own:
Don't feel obliged to attend a workshop just because you hold a
ticket for it.

Other tips??? Perhaps this will turn into an Intercom article.

LaVonna Funkhouser
vice pres and membership manager, Oklahoma Chapter of STC
Halliburton Energy Services, Duncan Technology Center
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com