Re: Electronic newsletters

Subject: Re: Electronic newsletters
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1993 15:02:48 CDT

I'm in favor, LaVonna,

The Texas Technology newsletter is distributed electronically
as well as in hardcopy form. The subscriptions secretary I
talked to said both versions are well received.

The Lone Star Chapter of STC doesn't produce an electronic
copy, and has no plans to do so. But we do plan to set up
an online database of past articles with mailing addresses
if you want to obtain copies of the graphics. A number of
our members have expressed interest in such a database,
especially if we could obtain articles from other chapters.

Also, guest articles published in our newsletter have been
favorably received. Electronic distribution would enable us
to quickly obtain such articles for publication in our
newsletter as well as in our database.

Publication permission is usually an e-mail or telephone or
fax message away.

Rather than publish the articles via TECHWR-L, editors
or authors might post notices that articles are available
and indicate who to contact for an e-mail copy.

Regardless, I'll pass your message to Cathie Mercer, our
newsletter editor, and I'll relay her response.

Chuck Banks
--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411