Re: degree programs

Subject: Re: degree programs
From: Paul Trummel <trummel -at- U -dot- WASHINGTON -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1993 15:34:02 -0700

I have 46 years experience as a professional technical communicator that
include 13 years in academe. I have also participated for eight years in the
program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute to which Lisa Kaytes refers.
The RPI program contains virtually no elements that relate to technical
communication and most of the faculty have no qualifications or experience in
the field. If potential students will carefully examine this program then they
will probably discover the faculty corruption, substance abuse, and
academic fraud that I have found to exist. Such an appraisal will provide
them with a true understanding of the program and give them the
opportunity to make an informed decision on whether to participate.