Re: degree programs

Subject: Re: degree programs
From: Pam Tatge <pamt -at- STEINBECK -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1993 13:15:24 CDT

Regarding Paul Trummel's posting:

I never attended RPI, and yet I have benefited from their
program. The information that they have shared with the
technical communication community has been very valuable.

Many years ago, Phil Rubens (who left Michigan Tech for
RPI) persuaded me to go into this field; he also became my
freshman advisor at MTU. He provided me with valuable
advice, and I have always admired him. People of this
caliber deserve praise, not flames.

RPI people need not defend themselves against Paul's message.
Unfortunately, the institution that is made to look bad
by this message is UW, not RPI. Not only is an apology
due to RPI, but to UW, as well.

Pam Tatge, Member Group Technical Staff
Texas Instruments Semiconductor Group, Houston
pamt -at- steinbeck -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com