Mercy

Subject: Mercy
From: Saul Carliner <CUISACX -at- GSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1993 21:23:32 EDT

One person wants to ask the list what DNA and ADP mean. Another thinks we
should look up the answers in a dictionary and leave the rest of the world
out of it.

That only demonstrates one point: different people learn in different ways.
Some turn first to books, others turn first to people.

Let's not condemn people for their learning styles. In fact, we should be
making every attempt to understand the differences. Because, like us, some
of our readers are going to look things up first and others are going
to ask someone down the hall.

If we have no patience with these differences among ourselves, how can we
have much empathy for our readers?

"
Saul Carliner, Ph.D Student CUISACX -at- GSUVM1 -dot- GSU -dot- EDU
Instructional Technology 404/892-3945 (w&h)
Georgia State University