Re: Society for Documentation Professionals?

Subject: Re: Society for Documentation Professionals?
From: nburns -at- NOAO -dot- EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1993 16:15:36 MST

>-

>> From: "DTN 381-2430 or 244-7167 25-Aug-1993 1131 (ZKO AKO)"
>> <raven -at- CFSCTC -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
>> Subject: Society for Documentation Professionals?
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking for membership information (e.g., how do I become a
>> member) of the Society for Documentation Professionals. It may be a
>> rather local society (Local to the Greater Boston, Mass, area.)
>>

>> If anybody has any info about it, please send it to:
>> Raven -at- usable -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com
>> 603-881-2430
>> Thanks,
>> Mary Beth Raven
>>

>I asked not too long ago, and was advised to direct my request to Clear
>Point Consultants, tel. (508) 750-4000, and Carol Szatkowski or one of her
>staff would send a brochure and a newsletter.

>Ken d'Albenas
>STC Alberta Chapter
>(-::
>Replies to: kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca
>Flames to: kendal@/dev/not

>If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

>*****************************

Mary Beth,

I have a Jan/Feb. 1992 newsletter from SDP which shows Carol Szatkowski as
Director of Public Relations. Her work number is listed as (617) 944-2505.
I know that she is President of Clear Point Consultants which is (or used
to be?) in Reading , Ma (area code = 617 not 508).

Other contacts for SDP:

Bob Archibald (617) 545-4987, Treasurer
Kory Hellmer (past president) (617) 245-9004

I was an SDP member for 2 years before moving to Tucson. It's an informal,
friendly group of tech writers. They usually had good speakers at their
monthly meetings.

Nancy Burns
National Solar Observatory, Tucson, AZ
nburns -at- noao -dot- edu