Re: Information Mappping

Subject: Re: Information Mappping
From: Fred M Jacobson <fred -at- BOOLE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1993 15:49:59 PDT

Greetings, Seeker of Knowledge-

I, too, want to know more about Information Mapping. So far I have
called the company (at 617/890-7003) and gotten from them

- a folder describing their products and services

- a copy of _Mapping Hypertext: Analysis, Linkage, and Display of
Knowledge for the Next Generation of On-Line Text and Graphics_ by
Robert E. Horn (ISBN 0-9625565-0-5), $39.95 + $3.00 S&H.

The book has a 50-page chapter entitled "Introduction to Information
Mapping's Method of Structured Writing," and the whole book is an
example of one result of applying the method.

I have just started to look through the book (you don't necessarily
_read_ a structured document), so I won't express any conclusions.
I will say that it seems like a good place to start investigating
the Information Mapping methodology, especially if you are interested
in online documents.

-Fred
--
INTERNET: fred -at- boole -dot- com PHONE: (408) 524-3292 FAX: (408) 730-0558
USPS: Fred Jacobson / Boole & Babbage / 510 Oakmead Pkwy / Sunnyvale CA 94086