Resume questions

Subject: Resume questions
From: "Edward See (695-6418)" <edsee -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 08:27:49 EDT

Let me make one suggestion as you develop your professional
goal statement: if you are comfortable with it, you might
want to use the term technical communicator, information
developer, or any of the myriad of terms that express
the breadth of the field. These days, with technical
communications including much more than strict writing,
it's important to bring that forward in a goal statement.
Many companies require much more than writing; user interface
design, programming, and multimedia are just a few of the
aspects of the job description for today's technical communicator.

Writing is still a key foundation of any technical communicator's
tool kit, but the job often calls for communcating in a variety
of media.

Edward See