Re: One to Start the Week

Subject: Re: One to Start the Week
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 09:39:56 -0500

Saul Carliner poses a Monday challenge:

> Now that Letterman's back on the air, I feel this need to compile a
> Top Ten list.

> Perhaps you all could help me?

With pleasure, Saul.

Top ten reasons organizations value their technical communicators:

10 - They cheerfully accept all hardware and software
discarded by other departments in the company.

9 - Somebody to blame for sales slump.

8 - Always have a dictionary if you need one.

7 - Know all of the exceptions to the "i before e except
after c" rule.

6 - Have the best "gif" file collections.

5 - Can explain manuals for external products to developers
and engineers.

4 - Always politely say "thank you" after being insulted.

3 - Fun to make them panic by introducing new features after
the latest manual has already been sent to the printer.

2 - Manuals they write make good doorstops.

... and the number one reason organizations value their technical
communicators ...

1 - In a pinch, can decipher the handwriting of anyone else
in the company.

This list is for entertainment purposes only....

|Len Olszewski, Technical Writer | "Eat well, stay fit, die anyway." |
|saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com|Cary, NC, USA| - Bumper sticker |
| Opinions this ludicrous are mine. Reasonable opinions will cost you.|