Re: Resumes/"objective" line

Subject: Re: Resumes/"objective" line
From: Joan Stout <sasjcs -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 14:02:03 -0500

Believing in the KISS (keep it simple, stupid) principle, I put
"technical writer" as the objective on my resume. Actually, I
didn't want to put an objective on my resume, but I followed the
advice of my instructor/mentor. I was hired by the recipient of the
third resume I sent out. I don't think the wording of my objective
had a lot to do with getting this job, but you never know what's
going to push someone's buttons.

Joan

| Joan Stout | "I worked as a technical writer...editing |
| Freelance Indexer | manuals...on how to dispose of sewage in |
| Technical Writer | permafrost; we all had to wear white shirts |
| sasjcs -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com | - that was mandatory - and I was fired at |
| SAS Institute, Inc. | the end of two weeks for spending too much |
| Cary, NC | time staring out the window." (Edward Abbey) |