Re: Simple question and/or

Subject: Re: Simple question and/or
From: Marc Hammond <wrdwrght -at- BROUE -dot- ROT -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1993 19:47:39 -0400

> >Okay, it's early in the day and my brain is failing so I'm writing for help.
> >I've got this sentence: With FTP you can transmit ASCII and binary files.
> >An editor changed the "and" to "or"? So???

> No damn difference that I can see. It sounds like an introductory sentence
> anyway, so any confusion could be easily dispelled later. Frankly, I don't
> see any problem.

Pardon me for defending an editor <G>. I think the point your editor is
making is that one cannot FTP an ASCII and a binary file in the same task.
One can do one OR the other. In retrospect, of course, one could have done
both.

The WORDwright
voice +1 514-485-9086 TECHNICAL WRITERS HELP THOSE WHO
fax/data +1 514-481-4698 HAVE LOTS OF MIPS...BUT NO I/O.
finger wrdwrght -at- broue -dot- rot -dot- qc -dot- ca