Region 5 Conf Schedule

Subject: Region 5 Conf Schedule
From: Daniel John Brinegar <6545 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1993 09:22:26 -0700

The Phoenix Chapter of STC invites you to:
COMMUNICATION AMONG THE CACTI
The 1993 REGION 5 CONFERENCE and TECHNICAL COMMUNICATIONS WEEK
October 14-16, 1993

+----------------------------+
| DON'T FORGET !! |
| |
| Pre-Conference Welcome |
| 6:30p.m. Thursday, Oct. 14,|
| at the Scottsdale Hilton |
| Meet Phx Chapter members |
| and some guest speakers |
+----------------------------+

THE PROGRAM

____________________________Friday, Oct.15_____________________________

7:30 a.m. Registration and Coffee

8:30 a.m. Official Welcome, Proclamation of Technical
Communication Week City of Scottsdale Official
8:35 a.m. Adding Value Through Technical Communication
Dr. JoAnn Hackos
9:55 a.m. Who, Me? A Technical Communicator?
A. Binion Amerson
10:05 a.m. Break, Exhibits Open

10:15 a.m. Information Mapping
Cassandra Brady

10:15 a.m. Reengineering Organizational Monsters
Emily Sopensky
11:45 a.m. Luncheon Discussion Tables

12:30 p.m. Exhibits

1 p.m. Communicating Visually
Elena Bullard
1 p.m. How to Find Out Practically Anything -Fast
Alan Korwin
2:15 p.m. CD-ROM Publishing
Don Rogers
2:15 p.m. Downsizing Your Documentation: A Minimalist Solution
Dr. JoAnn Hackos
3:30 p.m. Exhibitor Demonstrations

6 p.m. Wild West Dinner (Optional)

___________________________Saturday, Oct. 16_______________________________
7:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast

8:30 a.m. Virtual Reality
Trish Russo
9:45 a.m. Break

10 a.m. Virtual Reality John Morrison

11:15 a.m. Championing Change
Lance Dublin
12:30 p.m. Lunch On Your Own

2-4 p.m. The Compleat Technical Communicator
Steve Cascone and A. Binion Amerson

Important Phone Numbers

Myna Frestedt, registration, (602) 497-8828
Freya Winsberg, conference chair, (602) 438-8505
Pete Daniels, general information, (602) 789-5801
Scottsdale Hilton (602) 948-7750 (800) 528-3119

Registration Form

Fill out one form per person (feel free to photocopy). Enclose a check
payable to STC-Phoenix Chapter.
Mail to
STC Region 5 Conference, c/o Myna Frestedt, 1020 W. Encinas, Gilbert, AZ
85233.
An envelope containing this form and your check must be postmarked
by Sept. 30, 1993. Add a $10 fee for walk-in and late mail registration.
Full-time students may attend for half price, but must present a valid ID
at registration.

Name_____________________________________________________
Company__________________________________________________
Job title____________________________________________________
Address_________________________________________________________
City_______________________________________________________
State and ZIP_______________________________________________
Name for badge___________________________

Conference Fees: Please circle the fees that apply to you
Member NonMember
Both Days $75 Both Days $85
Friday Only $50 Friday Only $60
Saturday Only $35 Saturday Only $45
Late Fee (After Sept. 30)
$10 $10
Total ________ Total ________

| Dan BRINEGAR aka BENU |
| Research Droid Glendale Community College |
| 6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu Electronic Forum, Glendale, AZ |
| *CARSEF Manager, Phoenix STC |
| (Central Arizona Regional Science and Engineering Fair) |
| Coming in March to a High School Near You! |