Re: Grammar and Style Checkers

Subject: Re: Grammar and Style Checkers
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 13:40:07 -0500

I don't currently use a grammar checker, although I'd say
that they are useful tools in the hands of someone who knows
how to use them.

Has anybody else run into this situation?

Not too long ago, one of my coworkers was writing up a technical
paper for a subject matter expert (SME). The SME asked for a
copy of the final draft of the paper, ran it through a grammar
checker, and made "corrections" that the software had suggested
that were WRONG! In other words, the SME put the word of the
grammar checker above the skill of the tech writer.

Doesn't that beat all?

LaVonna Funkhouser lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com