Capturing Windows, printing in B&W

Subject: Capturing Windows, printing in B&W
From: "Chet W. Cady" <cady -at- OCLC -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1993 09:58:19 -0400

You mentioned you know about capturing screens with <Print Screen>.
You can also capture the active window (sized to suit your purposes)
with <Alt>+<Print Screen>.

I then use Windows Paintbrush (it comes with Windows) to work with
the captures. I mostly work with Windows Help when I need to capture
screens, so usually keeping the captures in color is desirable.
Paintbrush also can change color captures to B&W. (Sometimes printing
a color bitmap as B&W gets a good image, but if you want, you can
change Paintbrush to B&W in the Image Attributes dialog box--see
the Options menu.) I make up B&W transparencies of color screens and
windows all the time. Some Windows color schemes are not suitable
for converting into B&W, though. Change colors through the Windows
Control Panel.

If Paintbrush isn't sophisticated enough, we port the bitmaps into
CorelDraw and tweak them there.

Chet Cady
cady -at- oclc -dot- org