Re: A Tech Writing Test

Subject: Re: A Tech Writing Test
From: HOLLAND -at- IPFWCVAX -dot- BITNET
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1993 17:29:24 EST

I'm gonna participate in the ETS experiment, though I will supplement their
multiple-choice final exam with an earlier thingie that will require students
to WRITE SOME REAL PROSE. Besides, ETS didn't say whether grades earned by
students'd be promptly reported back to instructors.

If ETS required a writing sample, of course, they'd have to hire some of US to
grade the damn things. . . .