Request for research information

Subject: Request for research information
From: Richard Irvine <ricirv -at- PANDANUS -dot- NTU -dot- EDU -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1993 12:34:53 +0000

G'day all,

I am hoping that someone on this list may be able help me in a hunt for
some empirical research information. We are in the process of producing a
style guide for the university and I need some facts and figures to back up
my arguments about fonts. If anyone knows of any research which has been
done to test the effect on comprehension levels of different fonts I woud
be most appreciative, particularly if there are any ftp sites which may
contain the info I need.

Any other research you may be aware of into document design, not writing
style, would also be a help. We will be including section in the guide on
writing style, but my responsibility in the project is document design.

Thanks in anticipation of many replies
Richard Irvine
Dept of Computing
Institute of TAFE
Northern Territory University _*-_/\
Darwin / \
NT Australia \ _---__ /
Phone: +61 (089) 466932 V
e-mail: ricirv -at- pandanus -dot- ntu -dot- edu -dot- au