Re: SGML - Tell me about it.

Subject: Re: SGML - Tell me about it.
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1993 07:51:45 CDT

Shannon,

Thanks for the info. I've talked with Frame Tech. about
FrameBuilder. It's not yet a full implementation of SGML, but
they profess to continuing to develop the product with full SGML
capability soon.

Xerox also has a product, DocuBuild that implements a
portion of SGML. DocuBuild is lagging behind FrameBuilder slightly,
but Xerox also pledges they are working toward full SGML
implementation. DocuBuild provides a GUI following Xerox's Star
interface standard.

Since Corel seems to be buying Ventura Publisher, perhaps
we'll soon hear of SGML products from them.

I've heard nothing about SGML from the authors of PageMaker.
If anyone has any info about a PageMaker SGML effort or product,
the PageMaker users might be interested in hearing about it.

It looks like I might get a really GUI SGML product by
Christmas.

Best Regards,

Chuck Banks
--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411