Re[2]: Responsible use of Obviously

Subject: Re[2]: Responsible use of Obviously
From: Jane Torpie <Jane_Torpie_at_III-HQ -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1993 16:06:00 EST

Text item: Text_1

While we're on the subject ...

In a technical piece I prefer not to use "simply," as in "if you want to do
thus-and-so, simply do this." This word choice makes more sense in
marketing lit.

I also do not like "please" in a technical manual, as in "please refer to
Appendix A." Do it or don't, Gentle Reader, and I hope I didn't offend
you.

Jane Torpie
EASEL Corp.