Re: Indexing advice

Subject: Re: Indexing advice
From: Lori Lathrop <lathropl -at- DNS -dot- IRM -dot- R9 -dot- FWS -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1993 16:07:40 MDT

I use Cindex, developed by Indexing Research. I'm not in my home office
at the moment, so I'm not sure I can give you their address, but I *think*
it's P.O. Box 18609, Rochester, NY 14618 (if memory serves). You can get
a working demo of their software for $35 (or more, if the price has gone up
since I got it a year or so ago). They will credit you the cost of the
working demo if you purchase a full version of Cindex.

Macrex, developed by Bayside Indexing Service in Kensington, CA, is also
very popular with professional indexers.

A few words about indexing software .... It does not create an index for
you. It does make the job of indexing easier and less tedious. The real
advantage, tho', is that it helps you create an index that is consistent
in style and quality.

Lori Lathrop
Lathrop Media Services
Georgetown, CO
(currently on contract assignment to the
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Lakewood, CO)
INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
or lathropl -at- mail -dot- fws -dot- gov