Re: Northern California Tech. Pubs Competition

Subject: Re: Northern California Tech. Pubs Competition
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1993 16:28:39 GMT

> Is that anything like child psychologists whose kids are high school
> dropouts? Or marriage counselors who are divorced? Just a thought.

I've judged several publications contests in two STC
chapters. Most of the entries, these days, are pretty
decent (dios mio, significant numbers of people are finally
grasping how to write a computer manual). A few may be
described as "excellent." And there are always some that
leave the judge's mouth opening and closing silently without
quite managing to emit words as he or she attempts to find
diplomatic things to say on the evaluation form, fearing
that an honest and excessively candid opinion could get some
clueless colleague fired.

Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"
Disclaimer: Even if my employer had a position on the subject,
I probably wouldn't be the one stating it on their behalf.