Re[2]: Pet Peeves

Subject: Re[2]: Pet Peeves
From: Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 17:44:00 EST

From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
SMTP-CCMail translator Ver: acm 2.73 8/18/93
Steve complains:

> >Then there're
redundancies: "PC computer"

Jim responds:

> >This could serve an instructive purpose for an audience who
does not know that the PC IS a computer. Ditto for "ABS braking
system." What is redundancy for one audience might be a helpful
apposition for another.

Faith says:

> >"PC computer" doesn't tell readers unfamiliar with the term "PC"
> >what kind of computer it is

Actually, it does: a Politically Correct computer. And, I might add, after the
recent racism/sexism firestorm, it's something we ALL need <grin>.

Bonni Graham