Excellent Internet Resources

Subject: Excellent Internet Resources
From: Greg Kushmerek <Gregory=Kushmerek%Acctg%FIN -at- HUMRES-SERVER -dot- NET -dot- TUFTS -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1993 09:30:44 EDT

After slashing through my backlog, I noticed that TECHWR-L has voiced a lot of
interest in finding other resources about the Internet. I think I can help.

If you have ftp access, please Please PLEASE go take a look at the site
nis.nsf.net. There you will find two excellent deposits of Internet material.
The directory introducing.the.internet has a number of documents explaining
Internet resources -- and a copy of the 1989 Zen guide in Postscript!

Then, in internet/resources/cruise.dos people with Windows 3.1 (or WIN-OS2)
should download meritcrz.zip (or meritcrz.exe if you don't have an UNZIP
utility). This file is a graphic representation of the different resources
available on the net. It's slick, pretty, and has a good number of current
suggestions. I say it's a must-see for new Internet users who know what
Telnet and FTP are but don't know where to go.

Happy hunting!

--gk

Greg Kushmerek