Re: Ideal publishing software

Subject: Re: Ideal publishing software
From: Daniel John Brinegar <6545 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 10:40:53 -0700

> Subject : Re: Ideal publishing software

> Gene Barron <barron -at- PUBS02 -dot- SI -dot- COM> wrote:

> > What about Interleaf? I'm sold on it.

And Kelly Hoffman replied:

> FrameMaker vs. Interleaf seems to be one of those religious
> wars, like Macs vs. PCs or UNIX vs. any-other-operating-system.

> When I was faced with making a choice between Frame and Interleaf,
> it was easy -- I had a Macintosh, and Interleaf's Mac version
> was ...uh... less than optimal (has Interleaf released v. 5 for the
> Mac yet? They first announced it several *years* ago, circa 1990.)

According last week's MACWEEK, Interleaf has _killed_ their attempt to
put out a Macintosh version.....

According to a Project Manager known to me, the Inteleaf rep cried
when told last year that PM's company was going to Frame cos they couldn't
wait any longer for a working version of Interleaf for Mac.....

| Dan BRINEGAR aka BENU |
| Research Droid Glendale Community College |
| 6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu Electronic Forum, Glendale, AZ |
| *CARSEF Manager, Phoenix STC |
| (Central Arizona Regional Science and Engineering Fair) |
| Coming in March to a High School Near You! |