Re: Grad school vs. the world

Subject: Re: Grad school vs. the world
From: "Chuck Petch, Editor" <PETCH -at- GVG47 -dot- GVG -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 12:35:00 -0700

Just to reply in a brief, general way, I say stay in school and finish the
degree program. I went through half of the MA in English program, and I found
that when I went to work, the knowledge I gained from the program gave me a leg
up on other writers and helped me perform better and advance faster.
Unfortunately, I didn't finish the program and the entanglements of life have
prevented me from going back. Now, fifteen years later, I'm going to go back
part-time in the evening and try to do it again. It's definitely much tougher
do the program now than it would have been to just stay in school in the first
place.

Chuck Petch