Re: Contract rates

Subject: Re: Contract rates
From: Kelly Hoffman <kelly -at- NASHUA -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1993 16:33:49 EDT

Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM> writes:

[some stuff deleted]

> I also tend to find that, if you know your workrate really well, you're better
> off bidding flat rate, with a rider (of your hourly rate) for overage.

[more stuff omitted]

When you're earning a flat rate (rather than an hourly wage), the IRS is
apparently more willing to believe you're a contracter or a consultant,
not a company employee... Or so I've been told; your mileage may vary. :-)
This would be another reason for a company to prefer a flat rate.

-- Kelly

Kelly K. Hoffman kelly -at- nashua -dot- hp -dot- com
Learning Products Engineer
Hewlett-Packard, Network Test Division "Reading the manual is
One Tara Blvd., Nashua, NH 03062 admitting defeat."