Meaningful "subject" lines

Subject: Meaningful "subject" lines
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1993 14:17:32 EDT

This seems like as good a place as any to plead for subject
lines that say _something_ about the topic of the message.
This reply was automatically set as "Re: Re[2]: your mail"
until I changed it; when I got the first "Re: your mail" I
thought at first it was a computer-generated message about
email difficulties.

Vicki Rosenzweig
Associate Editor, Computing Reviews
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com
212-626-0666