Two-word noun?

Subject: Two-word noun?
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- MATIS -dot- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 10:01:50 IST

I should mention that I consider online documentation to be a two-word
noun, not a noun-adjective combination...

** Looks like an adjective-noun combination to me. Good documentation,
bad documentation, colorful documentation, accessible documentation,
online documentation. Online documentation, online help, online
support, online files, online movies. In what way is "online documentation"
different from normal adjective-noun combinations? Seems to me that
"online" isn't an unusual adjective except to the extent that it's
an unusually put-together word (and it's no more unusual that way
than a "crosstown" bus).

Mark L. Levinson, SEE Technologies, Box 544, Herzlia, Israel
mark -at- matis -dot- ingr -dot- com | voice +972-9-584684, ext. 230 | fax +972-9-543917