Re: Grad school (PhDs)

Subject: Re: Grad school (PhDs)
From: Brad Mehlenbacher <brad_m -at- UNITY -dot- NCSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1993 15:16:58 -0400

> a lot of ignorant crap deleted (sorry , but that's what it seems)
> more flushing > On that other, rather silly, point
> slipshod to say the least.
> ...--but it would all be a waste of time since you are clearly
> wrapped up in your own bigotry.
> The thing that annoys me about your attitude (and I'm sorry to have written
> this in white heat--and not, I hope, DWM heat either) is that if you feel
> superior to the past, you are being just like the worst of the upperclass
> I absolve you, Messire de Stogumber, on the grounds of invincible ignorance.

Richard-->When did what I perceived as a rational debate dissolve into
your above ramblings and insults? And who's tone, yours or mine, reeks with
superiority? Guess your canon's bigger than my canon.

Hmmm. In my 13 year life on the internet, I've been flamed only twice,
coincidentally after attempting to articulate a feminist perspective
towards issues. Has anyone else had this experience? What evokes the
hostility? At what point is it possible or permittable, given our
historical situatedness, to evaluate or criticize the past?

You're right, Richard, like a good social scientist, I've turned you into
data.

Cordially, a silly ignorant bigot