Re: Technical writing and marketing writing

Subject: Re: Technical writing and marketing writing
From: John Fulmer INET <fulmerjo -at- PULUA -dot- HCC -dot- HAWAII -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1993 21:49:05 -1000

Whenever I see discussions concerning the differences between technical
and marketing writing, I simply reach over and pick up the nearest glossy.
I then ask myself how many times have I had to call a company to get
additional details on the product in order to determine if it will fit my
needs or not.

Truth be known, when I am in a position to influence a buy decision, the
glossies that provide me the better technical information usually get my
recommendation. At least there I am dealing with a know product that I
have documentation stating it will perform the job I need it to perform.

Aloha

-= John Fulmer =- <fulmerjo -at- pulua -dot- hcc -dot- hawaii -dot- edu>