Re: SGML, new media, and other hot issues

Subject: Re: SGML, new media, and other hot issues
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 17:19:37 GMT

Marguerite Krupp <73131 -dot- 2153 -at- compuserve -dot- com> wrote:

>For goodness sake, haven't we beaten the old chestnuts to death yet?

Well, let's see. I've got two big projects for the next
quarter or so: writing a slick, paper-published annual
report and advising a couple of small physics conferences
on how to publish their proceedings in FTP'able form in
"Gopherspace." You might say I'm being attacked by
Tyrannosaurus rex and Robocop at the same time.

It's easy to guess which problem will be predominant in
the long term, but meanwhile, both of them still present
interesting challenges.

Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"
Disclaimer: Even if my employer had a position on the subject,
I probably wouldn't be the one stating it on their behalf.