Re: Times Roman 'N' Helvetica (formerly SGML, etc.)

Subject: Re: Times Roman 'N' Helvetica (formerly SGML, etc.)
From: Michael McClatchey <mmm -at- AISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 16:07:47 -0500

Yes, I know that the serif/body sans serif/header combination is the
traditional one, and it *is* readable...however...

We are a company building and programming a line of massively parallel
computers for machine vision in automated manufacturing (whew, "eyes for
robots"), so I figure that gives us a little more leeway than some. Also, I
wanted a "clean" look, which is what I got from sans serif everything. As I
said, this was the result of hiring a designer/typographer and taking his
advice. I resisted all sans serif at first, but after working with it for
around two years, I think it works for us.

I like "talking" about type, but I'm not sure how universal that is on this
list. Anyone who wishes should write me directly.

Thanks,

Michael McClatchey mmm -at- aisinc -dot- com
Marketing Communications
Applied Intelligent Systems, Inc. (opinions expressed are not necessarily
110 Parkland Plaza those of my employer)
313-995-2035 / FAX 313-995-2138
Ann Arbor, MI 48103