Re: "Overpriced" software

Subject: Re: "Overpriced" software
From: Karen Steele <karen -at- BILBO -dot- SUITE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 10:04:27 -0600

>The last time I looked in a catalog the list price of FrameMaker for the Mac
>(my
>chosen platform of late) ran $795. True, one can get it for less. But this is
>a very, very high price for a product that has been so poorly marketed.

Haven't you guys heard of "Competitive upgrades"???? I bought MY copy of
FrameMaker (for the PC) for $319 as a comptetive upgrade. I bought it
mailorder.
I told them I was upgrading from Word for Windows and WP 5.1 (true). Now that
FrameMaker has a new version out, I have been offered the upgrade at a very low
price (since I am a registered owner).

I am also still the owner of Word & WP 5.1.