Re: Usability -- page numbering

Subject: Re: Usability -- page numbering
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1993 16:07:56 PST

Kelly Hoffman said:
> Right, I got that. Why does this really make revision any easier?
> Unless you have to resolve cross references by hand or somesuch.
> Have I just been completely spoiled by the electronic age? :-) :-)

While I've been reading this thread, I keep thinking that my life
would be so much easier if I had done this w/ my dissertation! As
it is, since all the chapters are in different files, when I change
any chapter, all the succeeding chapters have to be renumbered.
(I know I can concatenate the files in WordPerfect and have them
all numbered consecutively that way, but there was a bug in 5.2 that
ate files when you did that and I haven't gotten over the trauma
yet.)

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com